A content management system is a software that keeps track of every piece of content on your Web site, much like your local public library keeps track of books and stores them. Content can be anything from simple text, photos, music, video, documents, or just about anything you can think of. Since the CMS manages all your content, you don't have to!
Benefits of CMS
- A CMS makes it easier to create, edit and publish content on a website.
- By using content management system websites structure can be easily changed because content management system uses templates.
- Security is an important issue, particularly for intranets. A CMS can facilitate better content security. It can control who is allowed to publish to the website, and who is allowed to see what content.
- The content Management system reduces time-to-publish, allowing you to get content published faster.
- The content Management system also included very useful feature, the RSS Feed.
- The content management software helps to develop SEO friendly websites.
- The content management system also reduces the web maintenance cost.
- Search engine-friendly – The CMS helps to optimize your website so that search engine users can easily find your information.
- Increases ways to communicate with the connections